Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kids Only

I didn't take a single picture with my camera. 5 DAYS AND NO CAMERA PICTURES! What's wrong with me? And there isn't a single picture of Laura and I together. NOT ONE!!

I went to San Diego last tuesday and came back on sunday.

TUESDAY: I left home around 9am and got to Laura's around 130pm. She was still at work, so I put Avery down for a nap and unloaded the car. Traveling and packing with kids...oy vey. I got settled and snagged Jameson from her nanny. And squeeeeeezed him. Look at this face:

Isn't he precious? Laura can home from work and then we pretty much hung out with the kids and chatted. We got dinner ready and gave both of the kids baths and put them to bed. And then we ate dinner and had a few drinks, cackling and chatting until midnight. Typical :)

WEDNESDAY: We got up and drank coffee and showered and Laura went to work. I was on kid duty.

I got both of the kids down for naps and decided to give Laura some help. Her hubby is gone for 3 months at a training in Virginia. No thank you. She is a better woman than me. I cleaned her bathroom, made her bed, did 3 loads of laundry, dusted, swept, and scrubbed down the kitchen. I got a meatloaf made and by then, Jameson was ready for some playtime. About 20 minutes later, Avery was up and we all played on the floor for about 20 more minutes. Laura came home and saved the day with her boobs. Jameson did not want to take a bottle. We ate some peanut butter and crackers for a snack and had dinner and gave the kids baths and put them to bed.

THURSDAY: We got up and watched Sesame Street and hung out. Then we went for a walk down to the boardwalk and saw the house from Top Gun:

We went back to the house and ate some more peanut butter.

Laura went to work for a couple hours and I went through her clothes and tried stuff on. She wanted me to decide what I wanted because it would make it easier for her to part with it if she knew things were getting a good home with me. When she got back, both of the kids were still asleep and we went through her stuff together and my loot was big :) The kids were STILL sleeping when we finished, so we woke them up. We like our adult time at night and 3 hours of sleeping was enough for them to make sure they would sleep at bed time.

We played some and Avery walked around with Jameson's stuffed animals and had us all kiss them. Over and over. Jameson included. It was more like Avery smashed the toys in his face and made the kiss noise for him. It was funny.

AREN'T THEY THE CUTEST?!?!?! I mean, I know we're biased. But still.

We had chicken stir fry with brown rice. Yum. We decided after 2 late nights, we were going to bed by 10.

FRIDAY: IKEA DAY! We got ready early this morning and were trying to be at IKEA when they opened at 10. We did alright. We got there around 1030. Avery LOVES sitting in shopping carts. Jameson sat in his carrier and slept almost the whole time we were there. We went through the showroom and then had lunch in their cafeteria. We all found something to eat. I love IKEA. They are so family friendly. There are nursing rooms and there is child care.

It's awesome. We did some damage. We got home about 230 and Avery went down for a nap. We had leftovers for dinner and went to bed at 11. After watching 4 episodes of Intervention on A&E on demand. That show is addicting!

SATURDAY: We did the morning thing. Coffee and showers. Then we hit up the outlet mall. Gap, Banana Republic, and Crate and Barrel were where we got most of our haul from. Avery tested out Laura's BOB stroller. She liked it. We are going to try and snag one at the REI garage sale this month. She said hi to everyone in the stores and pretty much was adorable. Laura put Jameson in the carrier and he slept the whole time. And so I tried on all her clothes. Which was hilarious. We were standing in the middle of the store and she's holding an armful of stuff like, "ok this one. Pull the sleeves up, pull the waist down. Hm, try on the next size up/down." I was her mannequin since Jameson was asleep. And then the kids decided they had enough. Avery was screaming and had peed through her cloth diaper. Disaster :( So we went back home and it was nap time. And then we ate some peanut butter and apples. And then Laura ran up to the commissary for a few things and I experienced Jameson's first meltdown. OOOOOO he can scream. Like rattle your spine and make your eyeballs pop. LOUD LOUD LOUD. But then he fell asleep. And he's SO precious when he sleeps.

The kids woke up and we headed to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Yum. There isn't one in Las Vegas. Here's Avery enjoying her dinner. See that nugget in her hand? She shoved the whole thing in her mouth and WOULD NOT give it to me. Clenched her teeth. I watched her closely and she chewed and swallowed it without an issue. I was impressed. She's got her dad's big mouth :) I sent Troy pictures of our whole Chick-Fil-A experience to torture him. He LOVES it. There is not a single one in Las Vegas. Troy has been going through withdrawal. The closest one to Alamogordo was an hour away in Las Cruces. We drove there 2x for Chick-Fil-A to get it. And Troy would buy 3 days worth and then eat it for lunch for 3 days. Seriously. He loves it.

Here's Laura and the baby boy. Aren't they sweet?

We had a girls night after we did baths and put the kids to bed. We watched Project Runway and brushed each others hair and had a pillow fight. Just kidding. Except about Project Runway. And we went to bed at midnight. Again. We just can't learn!

SUNDAY: Morning routine, packed the car, and we left :(

Summary: We played, we talked, we shopped. And ate a lot of peanut butter. JIF. Generic doesn't cut it. Or crunchy. Or Peter Pan. It's gotta be JIF. We are in agreement on this.


  1. Thanks, Nat! Can't wait to get the three generations together in October!!


    1. I'm excited too! We are definitely going to have to take pictures!

  2. Natalie,
    Thank you for doing this. It is so precious. We had to talk "photos" in the olden days and mail them, I like this so much better. What a great documentation of your early days as a mom.
    Cousin Lisa

    1. Hi Lisa!

      Well, one of the positives of taking photos is that you actually print them. The problem that I have now is that I have TONS of photos but print a few once every few years. There are definitely pluses and minuses of both. My grandparents don't have the internet and never see pictures of Avery :( I really need to print some soon and mail them off! Thanks for reading!



Thanks for reading!