Friday, September 21, 2012

Non-Desert Dwellers Take Note...You Know Who You Are...

Have you seen this??


Or this???


Or tons of this???



IT'S NOT FALL IN THE DESERT YET! IT IS DEPRESSING ME!

I want to wear sweaters and jeans. I want to drink coffee on my porch and go for evening walks. I want to put out my fall decorations. They are my absolute favorite of all my holiday decor. I want Avery to be able to wear pants. How sad is that? I just want Avery to be able to wear jeans. Instead, I am SO SAD because they are turning off the splash pad at the playground by our house on October 1st. And it's still too hot to be outside without the splash pad after about 10am. COME ON FALL! I am so ready for you. All my summer clothes are BEYOND worn out.

And I am not the only person who feels this way, okay?? On behalf of everyone who lives in the desert, please keep your fall happiness to yourself. It makes me SO sad every time I see these posts. I can hardly bear to think about the deliciousness of a pumpkin spice latte because I cannot bear to think of walking outside carrying one. When the weather outside is like this:


A little sensitivity would be great. Because all of us out here in the desert are feeling a little pain.



Send some cool weather our way. I think our kids are going to be surfers and hula dancers for Halloween because we cannot bear to think of putting our kids in clothes that would be fall appropriate.

Dear Fall,

Where are you? Why have you forsaken me? I miss you so much. I miss my jeans and hoodies. Avery had ADORABLE sweaters and leggings that she is going to grow out of before she can wear them and make me cry.

I miss you and I love you.

xo,
Natalie

ps. All of you haters are going to get a dose of remorse around April when it's GORGEOUS here and I'm all "yay warm weather, look at us outside" and it's raining on you!! (sticks tongue out)

Rant over.





1 comment:

  1. So Sorry for you! Turn your air down in your house to feel like fall and then drink your coffee. It will come....maybe. I'm loving it now but dreading winter!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!