Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Troy Wears His Sunglasses at Night...

For your listening pleasure while reading today:



Part of in-processing to the new base included several appointments for Troy. He had a dentist appointment and an optometry appointment last week.

On thursday (his birthday), he had his optometry appointment.

Wednesday night, he went to bed before me to read a bit while I was facebooking, craigslisting, and blogging. I went up to get ready for bed at 1030 and Troy was sitting in bed, with a lamp on, and reading a book.

Oh yeah (the most important part), and he had on his SUPER SEXY military issue sunglasses. Not regular glasses. Sunglasses. Picture this, but with the dark lenses.


I almost peed I was laughing so hard.

Troy was all "What? You don't like my new look?"

I was like, "Why?" (gasps for breath) "Dear God, why?"

He was like, "Well I have to wear glasses for my appointment tomorrow at Nellis. Which I am driving to, of course. I took my contacts out and wanted to make sure my sunglasses are the right prescription for the drive. Reading and driving are pretty similar, right? This is my test run!"

Sidenote: Troy is part vampire. If he is not wearing sunglasses, even on a cloudy day, he dies. The world actually ends for him. I have seen him wear old man sunglasses OVER his eyeglasses when he lost a contact in the ocean and didn't have a back up pair. I wish I was joking. The boy takes eye care VERY seriously. Especially in the car.

I tried to take a picture of him reading in his awesome-sauce sunglasses, but he wouldn't permit photos. He was worse than KStew with her cheating scandal going on. Instead you will just have to imagine it. It was awful I tell you. Awful. I don't think the government could pick less attractive glasses for their service members.
I'm starting a petition about unacceptably unattractive eyewear.

If your spouse has military issue eyewear, feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of the page with a place that you have spotted them wearing those monstrosities. I'm interested. Has he worn those sexy things to bed? Troy taped up a pair on the bridge of the nose and wore them to a youth group Halloween party as a nerd. It's true. If you have the photo, please shoot me a message. You know who you are - FSBC youth...called out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!