Friday, November 30, 2012

Alopecia and Internal Affairs

#1: Alopecia - Optimus Style

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about our dear first-born, Optimus. His hair was falling out for no reason that we could see.

We took him to the vet. And in this post, I outlined all of the choices that she gave us regarding how to deal with his balding issue. We decided to have the blood panel done to see if there was anything abnormal going on with his hormones or enzymes and make sure there was nothing systemic going on. Well she called us the following week and all was well with his blood work.

Fortunately, his hair is growing back in. Unfortunately, it is continuing to thin in other areas. The whole right side of his body looks like a cheetah. He's mostly red and then where it is thinning, the fur is very blonde. So he's kinda polka dotted looking on his side. Poor baby.

Our policy for dealing with it is, if it doesn't bother him, it doesn't bother us. The highs here are in the low 70s. You read that right. He isn't used to that kind of heat year round, so for now we are assuming that his beastly self isn't used to the weather. He's adjusting. Like us. But he's eating and pooping fine. He's acting like his normal self so we are letting it go for now.

#2: My Speeding Ticket

A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about the asshole cop that pulled me over and gave me a ticket. He wasn't an asshole for pulling me over, but for the unprofessional way in which he conducted himself when he pulled me over. You can read more about that with direct quotes here.

I did file an online complaint through their official site on monday afternoon. I received a phone call regarding my complaint from the internal affairs office on wednesday, 2 days later. The officer took a statement from me over the phone and asked me a lot of questions regarding what happened when.

He also asked me what I would like to see happen to rectify the situation and laid out all of my options.

1. He could inform the officers boss and make sure he is not a repeat offender or have any other complaints of this nature against him.

2. I could file an official complaint and a file on the officer would be opened. This would entail me going down to the station for a tape recorded session and there could be court charges filed against him if it was shown that he violated the code of conduct.

I told him that what I REALLY wanted was for the officer to apologize to me. I told him that even though I knew it was unreasonable, I wanted an apology and an acknowledgement that the officer knew his behavior was wrong. I expected the investigator to be like, "Ma'am that is never going to happen." But instead, he was like, "Okay, well let me see when your court date is. It should be on your ticket that you were issued. Let me pull it up."

Troy had noticed it on monday, but the officer had put TROY'S name under the driver line (the car is insured and registered in Troy's name) and put the vehicle vin number under the license number AS WELL AS putting the wrong car color. The officer said that he would have to look into that and get back to me regarding the validity of the ticket, considering it was improperly filled out.

However, I was encouraged by the fact that the officer was like, "Oh let me see when your court date is" when I told him I wanted an apology. I felt like he ACKNOWLEDGED that I had been mistreated and was deserving of an apology after I told him my story. And I was glad that it seemed like he believed me. I felt SO much better just having someone who would be considered a co-worker of that jerk make it seem like he also thought I was owed an apology.

I told him that I wanted to go with option 1. I just wanted this officer's supervisor to know that he had acted unprofessionally. I am not sure if he was having a bad day or what. I would hope that this is an isolated incident, but if not, his supervisor would be made aware and could reprimand him in whichever way he deemed appropriate.

We hung up with him saying that he would get back to me regarding the ticket. We'll see. I have the number of a law group that one of my co-workers recommended. I haven't heard back from the internal affairs officer and it's been about 2 weeks. So I'm thinking I'll give the law office a call and figure out what I'm supposed to do now. Because I am certainly not going to just PAY the penalty, when it appears the points and fines would go towards Troy's license. So I guess I owe you guys another update about this. Especially if I wind up in court face to face with this guy...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!