Thursday, November 20, 2014

Avery's Art: Port-A-Potty or Bear?

Oh my word. I haven't blogged in AGES. But this was too good not to share. I get to brag on my big girl's art work and share a funny conversation between Troy and me? WINNING!

Avery has been going to school on tuesdays and thursdays all day and she absolutely loves it. She is quite a talented artist, loves to color and paint, bringing home all kinds of projects every day that she has done at school.

Last week, she brought home a picture that was AWESOME. I knew what it was immediately. Her teachers always label her pictures, but this one didn't need it. Or so I thought.

I thought her picture was so awesome, it deserved the center spot on the refrigerator.

Troy came home from work and started unpacking his lunchbox (tupperware in the sink, uneaten items back in the fridge for another day) while I was getting dinner started.

I noticed him staring at her picture on the fridge.

Like, intensely staring.

I got all excited.

Natalie: "Troy, isn't her picture great?!?!"

Troy: "Um, I guess so. I'm not sure it should be on the fridge though."

Natalie: "What? What do you mean?"

Troy: "Well, it's a little awkward."

Natalie: "What are you talking about? It's a perfect bear!"

Troy: "Well, I hate to say this, but the only thing I see when I look at it, is what you see when you use a port-a-potty."

Natalie: "WHAT?"

Troy: "You know. When you look down the hole and there's just a giant pile of poop at the bottom of a dark hole."

Natalie: "Are you kidding me right now? You are looking at a perfect bear and all you see is poop?"

Troy: "SORRY! It's just unappetizing to look at right when I am opening the fridge to eat and all I can see is poop."

Natalie: "You are awful. You tell Avery how amazing her picture is right now."

Troy: (gives Avery a big throw up in the air hug) "AVERY!!! I love your picture! That is the best bear I have ever seen!!

Avery: "HE'S IN A CAVE"

Troy: "I KNOW! It's called a port-a-potty cave!!!"

Natalie: "TROY STOP"

I guess that's the difference between moms and dads. But here is her picture. It's great right? I've probably ruined it because I told you it's a giant pile of poop. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!