Monday, February 11, 2013

Things that Happen While We're Sleeping...NOT THAT!

Seeing as it is the week of Valentine's Day, I thought we could re-live some of the sweet things that have happened between Troy and me during our dating history/marriage. So, I sat down with Troy to start brainstorming, and here's the thing: We couldn't come up with anything blog-worthy. Fortunately for you all, we came up with plenty of things that happened that were ridiculous. The funny thing is, they ALL HAPPENED at night. When one or both of us should have been sleeping. Get your mind out of the gutter.

So we came up with the 10 things that happened at night, NOT involving sleeping. They're in chronological order, so the first event occurred when we were in college, the first year I lived off campus in an apartment.

Troy had come to visit me for the weekend and we had had a low key evening. We went to bed like normal and went to sleep. I also have to mention that this story is COMPLETELY told to me by Troy. I don't remember ANYTHING because I was sleeping. Even the next morning...I got nothing. Troy says that I talk in my sleep all the time, but this was one of the weirder/freakier times.

Troy says that everything was fine, and all was quiet in the apartment. He woke up because he had a "weird feeling." He noticed that I was sitting up in bed, awake (meaning my eyes were open) and I was staring across the room, above the closed door of my bedroom.

Troy: (talking in a normal voice) Natalie, what's wrong? Are you okay?

Natalie: (whispering) Shhhhhhhh

Troy: Do you have a headache?

Natalie: Shhhhhh. She'll hear you.

Troy: WHAT?! Who?

Natalie: The girl.

Troy: WHAT GIRL!?!? What are you talking about??

Natalie: There's a girl in the doorway. She's watching us. Shhhhh.

Troy: WHAT IS GOING ON? Are you okay? There's no one there. Stop.

Natalie: (suddenly loses the glazed look in eye and looks over at Troy) Huh? What are you talking about? Night night.

Troy was left sitting up in bed, completely freaked out that I had just been used as a medium in my apartment. He couldn't fall back asleep. I have no recollection of this, but every once in a while, we will be settling into bed, reading or whatever, and Troy will go, "there's a girl in the door." I jump about 6 inches off the mattress every time. Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!