Thursday, February 14, 2013

Troy Punched Me. Twice.

You read that right.

This is completely innocent. Really.

Troy and I read in bed every night. 99% of the time I am reading for about 30 minutes to an hour after he is done and he is falling asleep next to me.

I'm not really sure how common this is for other people, but Troy is a twitcher. Like, when he is falling asleep, his WHOLE body jerks a little bit. I have been told that people who are really active (or a runner, like Troy) have the twitches when they fall asleep because it's their body's way of "calming down." Troy does it REALLY bad when he's particularly exhausted.

One night, I was reading on my back with my book resting on my chest and Troy was snuggled up to my shoulder on his side facing me. He had his hands up by his face. All of a sudden his right elbow twitches and goes into extension...RIGHT INTO MY FACE.

Natalie: DAMN IT TROY!!!

Troy: Huh, what?

Natalie: YOU PUNCHED ME RIGHT IN THE FACE!

Troy: Huh? Sorry, I love you.

Troy settles back in and I rub my jaw, but keep on reading. Sure enough, ten minutes later...

WHACK!! Right in the jaw.

Natalie: YOU ASS! WAKE UP AND FACE THE OTHER WAY!

Troy: Huh? Baby, I love you so much.

Natalie: NO! Don't try and snuggle me. You'll just kick me next time.

Troy: You are so mean.

Natalie: YOU punched ME!

Troy rolls over. And falls back asleep.

He doesn't remember ANY of this in the morning...

Anyone else have a twitchy spouse while they fall asleep? Anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Chester and I snuggle as we are falling asleep most of the time. Like you, I have a VERY active husband, and every once in a while he will go into a full-on body twitch and squeeze me so hard it knocks the wind out of me. WHen I haven't fallen asleep yet, this isn't such a big deal. However, when I have, I wake up in a shear panic because I can't breathe and have fully convinced myself that I am drowning.....those nights are interesting.

    You go girl! Love you and can't wait to see you all in April! Two months from today!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!